This Thanksgiving, as we gather around the table and give our thanks for the many blessings in our lives, let’s not forget our children.
We work hard, day in and day out, and day in again, to raise our children.
We give everything we have towards bringing them up right.
We lay down the laws.
We set the curfews.
We kiss the boo-boos.
We tuck them in at night.
We laugh and grieve and complain about it all together, as moms.
But truth be told, not one of us would have it any other way.
We love our children.
And we are thankful for them. Every day.
On Thanksgiving, let’s be sure to tell them so.
20 Ways To Show Your Child You Are Thankful For Him Or Her
1. Tell your child that you could not imagine life without him.
2. Tell your child that you love her.
3. Thank your child for just being him.
4. Tell your child what you like or love about her.
5. Every day between now and Christmas, write down one thing you love about your child and put it in a nicely decorated jar. Wrap this up and give it to your child for Christmas.
7. Hug your child.
8. Create and give your child an album or scrapbook full of moments in their life that you treasure.
9. Write a story about your child and give it to him.
10. Keep a journal about your child and give it to her at an age-appropriate time (like when she gets married or turns 21.)
11. Keep a box with all of your child’s mementos and art work.
12. Proudly display photos of your child everywhere.
13. Take a walk with your child.
14. Go for dinner with your child – alone.
15. Snuggle and watch a movie together.
16. Play a game together.
17. Read a book together.
18. Sing together.
19. Pray together.
20. Always tell your child good night and good morning.